Students all over the world are enrolled in various colleges and universities in order to get the job they desire one day. We work to pay our bills, support ourselves and make a living in the future. Well, if we keep the money aside, working part-time while you still continue to pursue your degree, also gives you valuable social and professional exposure. It’s a good way to fulfill your needs without reducing your savings.
What does a part-time job offer a student?
Keep aside the money, you learn to manage your time effectively. Optimizing your energy levels so you don’t compromise your studies, pay your bills timely, work, socialize with other people, making time for yourself and your loved ones.
You get to know a lot about your money. You learn to budget. You learn to wisely spend your money. You get to know in what ways you can support yourself financially. All the more, better money management skills.
Working part-time teaches you what a degree doesn’t ie., to work with people in a fast-paced environment. You tend to learn teamwork, leadership, communication skills, etc. This helps in boosting your confidence and makes you more aware of how you react to things and situations.
Now that you know how beneficial are part-time jobs for students, let’s look at what part-time jobs are available for students and which ones are well suited for you and you can earn from it.
For any job you do, there’s a basic level of qualification you must hold. You can do different types of jobs based on different levels of qualification. We shall discuss them all in this article.
Jobs for 10th pass students
If you just passed your 10th grade, here’s a list of types of part-time jobs you can consider working as:
- Delivery Jobs- Food delivery jobs are available in Zomato, Swiggy, Dunzo etc. This might seem like a petty job but if you’re in real need of cash this is a good option as the pay cuts are usually weekly and are pretty high ranging from 20,000 to 50,000 per month. You can work as a Delivery boy/executive/bikers/driver/rider.
- Desk Jobs- If you’re interested in the technology side and wish to work right after 10th you can work as a data entry operator, computer operator, back office operator, web developer, etc. The pay range is usually between 8000 to 15000.
- Communications Roles- If you feel communication is your strength and you like to talk to new people you can work as a sales executive, business development executive, and customer care executive. The pay scale is usually between 7000-20000.
Jobs for 12th pass students
If you just finished your high school, here’s a list of jobs you can consider completing your 12th and see how you earn through part time jobs:
- Home Tutor- Good in any one thing and would love to share your expertise to the people? Here’s the best way to spread what you’re good at and earn extra bucks.
- Call Center Representative- Love talking to new people? Here’s perfect to channelise it and earn a little extra.
- Blogging- Passion for writing? Earn by writing your heart out.
- Digital Marketing- It’s the most booming industry in today’s times. If you don’t know, it’s a must-try and earn while you learn.
- Content Writing- It is one of the hottest skills in today’s times. One of the most important for students.
Jobs for college students
If you’re still in your graduation years and attendance is a compulsory option, the most suitable way for you to do a part-time job is by opting work from home jobs. Let’s look at the list below for online part-time jobs for college students.
- Online Consultant- Helping other people by solving their problems and charging money for it.
- Translating- Fond of languages? If you’re fluent in English and also in any other language as well, the job of a translator will suit you.
- Game Tester- You’re paid to play games, sounds fascinating? You’re supposed to do some tasks as well other than exploring all levels of the game. Basically, you are paid to find some bugs in the game.
- Affiliate Marketing- The risk in this part-time job is zero as everything related to the product will be done by the company’s team. E-commerce stores such as Amazon and Flipkart have these programs. You are just earning a little extra because you promoted their product and people purchased through your link.
- Event Planning- If you are good with networking, communication and organizing skills this is a good way to earn good cash as people are busy and don't find time to plan and organize events.