We believe that with the right team anything is possible. We seek an individual with strong logical and technical skills; experience and interest in shipping consumer applications. We are primarily into development of a communication app (like whatsapp). We try to solve problems of communication at big scale. You will be directly working with co-founders and other web, Android, iOS developers. Being part of a small team, you will have a leadership role and opportunity to tinker into product development, feature development and critical problem solving.
• Will lead the team.
• Closely work with co-founders to understand product requirement and transform that into development
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app and back end server
• Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, improve code standards to suit product needs to suit quality and scale
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience as a mobile application developer / java backend developer.
• BTech, MTech or equivalent from IIT.
• Excellent with Core Java concepts like OOPS, Exception Handling, Multithreading, Collections etc.
• Hands on experience in Spring MVC, MySQL database and hibernate.
• Hands on experience in RESTful API development.
• Secure rest API using spring security.
• Development of server-side code which is scalable, secure, modular, memory efficient and high performing.
• Familiarity with AWS as cloud hosting, AWS APIs for S3 based file upload/download.
• Should have experience in using Git (for code versioning), Maven tool, Eclipse IDE.
• Should have experience in accessing server via SSH and working on Ubuntu environment.
• Hands on experience in push notification including Google FCM (notification framework) for mobile and web platforms.
• Good grasping of Material design concepts for web app development.
• Should have excellent debugging skills.
• Basic understanding of web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS.
• Understanding and be able to work in an Agile software development environment.
Big plus if you have:
• Work experience in Node.js.
• Work experience in xmpp server, Erlang development experience.
• Have experience working on real products that have crossed a million downloads.
• Have been the part of full development cycle for a project.