Senior Civil Engineer

Micron Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd

Sanand

Not disclosed

Work from Office

Full Time

Min. 8 Years

Job Details

Job Description

SENIOR CONSTRUCTION SOURCING PROJECT MANAGER

Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.

Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.

JR48524 SENIOR CONSTRUCTION SOURCING PROJECT MANAGER

As the Construction Procurement Sourcing Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the Project level procurement activities for construction projects.  In this role about 40% of your responsibilities will be commercial and the other 60% will be program, contract and process management.

You will participate with the category supplier managers and category leaders in tenders for major General Contracts.  You will lead tenders for sub-contracts, coordinate all the project change orders and ensure there is coordination with other sourcing professionals across all categories needed to support a construction project.  Once the project is going you will be the single point of contact and will call out as needed for all Procurement related aspects of that project.

You will act as an owner of the project from procurement perspective once the project is in the performance phase and make sure procurement function exceeds expectations.

RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS 

Commercial Responsibilities 

  • Participate in the tender with the Supplier Manager, Category Manager and Country Category leader for the General Contract for construction projects 

  • Lead tenders for sub-contracts in assigned category  

  • Evaluate all change orders with should cost team and negotiate pricing 

  • Escalate commercial negotiations as needed to category partners 

  • Ensure accountability of the General Contractor to meet performance expectations under the contract, including providing scorecards 

 

Program Management Responsibilities 

  • Work with commercial program managers assigned to the project to publish timely reports for cost, schedule, and performance 

  • Participate in Project level meetings and report out to the rest of the Procurement team on major changes or initiatives that could impact the project 

  • Act as the single point of contact for commercial items for the project once the project is in the performance phase.

  •  Actively seek opportunities for process improvements

EDUCATION 

  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering 

  • PMP certification or equivalent, preferred 

 

EXPERIENCE 

Required 

  • Ability to work with minimal direction, strong project management skills 

  • Preferably minimum 8 years prior Construction Industry experience (cost estimation, project engineering, procurement) 

  • Proficient in MS office 

  • Strong analytical and prioritization skills 

  • Knowledge in FIDIC or other form of contract management.

 

WORKPLACE 

Travel Required? 

  • As needed 

 

About Micron Technology, Inc.

We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.

To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.

To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact hrsupport_in@micron.com

Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.

Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.

Job role

Work location

Sanand, Gujarat, India

Department

Construction & Site Engineering

Role / Category

Construction Supervisor

Employment type

Full Time

Shift

Day Shift

Job requirements

Experience

Min. 8 years

About company

Name

Micron Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd

Job posted by Micron Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd

This job has expired

Follow us on social media


© 2024 Apna | All rights reserved Privacy Policy Terms & Conditions